Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Quiet Mornings

   I live for quiet mornings.  Really, I do.  I love them so much it's a little obsessive.

   This morning did not disappoint.  As I lay in a drowsy half-asleep state trying to jump back into a dream in the early hours of darkness this morning, I was brought fully into the word by a text from a far-away-friend telling me she loves me.  And that I am a bad-ass mini van mama.  (yes, we bought a mini van - something I swore I would never do)  So, I literally woke with a smile on my face.  Can't beat that.  Now I am relaxing well into my second hour of a quiet, sleepy house.  The wind is howling like crazy outside, the rain's coming down, candles are lit on every windowsill, the dehydrator's humming away drying yet another round of bountiful mushroom harvest, the kids are snoozing, and the house is filling with the smell of coffee steeping in the french press (thanks Steve!).  I don't think that I could ask for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment