Monday, November 22, 2010

Snow!

   As Sequoia puts it... it's snowing cats and dogs!
a brief sunny break in the storm
   We hardly ever get snow, so it's really exciting!!!  The timing couldn't be worse since we were supposed to leave this morning for California.  But, I still love every second of it.  I totally do not want to do anything I "should" be doing.  I just want to go play in the snow!  Baraka, our gigantic goof-ball dog, has been in his bliss.  He just keeps rolling in it and bounding around the yard and nudging little snowballs down the hill then chasing after them.  He LOVES the snow.
   We have decided to hold off until tomorrow to make the trek to northern Cali.  (Sorry folks!) We'll get there eventually, but driving in the midst of a snow storm doesn't sound so appealing.  I absolutely love how snow just brings everything to a stand-still.  Even if my plans are what come to a screeching halt!  It's been dumping all day and it's still coming down as I type this.  The winds are picking up rapidly and the lights keep flickering.
Honey Bee hive in the snow!
   Luckily, we have the warmth of our woodstove on such snowy, cold days.  I have to admit, the cozy factor played a major part in the decision to hold off until tomorrow.  Staying snuggled in by the fire sounded awfully nice....
   Not to mention, leaving a homestead full of animals in the midst of such a storm is not such a responsible thing to do.  Especially with baby animals in the mix.  Everyone is hooked up with heat lamps and several inches of fresh bedding to snuggle into.  I'm sure they'll all make it through just fine, but I feel like a jerk leaving them.  I think I've been out to check on the the chickens and turkeys at least eight times today.  In honor of Thanksgiving, here are a couple shots of the Toms:





   I hope that you all have a fabulous holiday week!  I know that we will!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Mamawolf,

    I absolutely LOVE your blog. Thank you sincerely for sharing your heart in the spirit of a true feminine warrior of peace and Love that you are. Thank you for your colorful earthy descriptions of what you are doing in pursuit of fulfilling your dreams big and small every day and being the fabulous model you are to our amazing grandchildren. And thank you for being the genuine person you are.

    Much Love, Peace, Joy and Happiness, in all your endeavors on your path to endless warm beautiful discoveries.
    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was awesome I read it while you were at the saint nick fair. you should write about your time there. from Cedar''
    =

    ReplyDelete