Friday, September 17, 2010

My poor tomatoes

   The summer weather this year was, well, not really summer weather.  It's been cool and wet.  And fall is falling early and with gusto.  Hence, my poor little 'maters:
   Those little guys are trying with all their might to be their fully-ripened, glorious, gleaming red selves.  And yet....
   So, I will be preparing green tomato recipes by the dozens this year.  When life gives you green tomatoes, make relish.  Wait, is that how that saying goes?
   Anyway, on the up-side, our colossal wood shed is nearly complete!  No more tarps or chopping in the rain!  Just a lovely, dry and cozy winter for our family!  I can't tell you how exciting this is!  For a family who heats primarily with wood to be able to store nice dry firewood up off the ground, in a shed that circulates lots of air and keeps the northwest rain off is truly a godsend.  It will make such a HUGE difference in our fall/winter/spring quality of life.  Oh hurray!  I have never looked forward to stacking wood so much in my life!  Bring it on!
   In other news, the question of whether to school or homeschool continues.  More on that later....  For now, I have a school BBQ to attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment