Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Goofy kids

  As Steve and I were making dinner tonight, the kids ran out to play in the rain.  Or should I say, downpour.  (good old pacific northwest for you)  I looked out the window to see Sequoia running around with Napali - our Barred Rock hen - tucked snugly in her rain coat.   She came grinning up to the window and proclaimed that she was keeping her cozy during the rain storm.  "Oh, how sweet!", I thought to myself.  Only to look out the window moments later to see this....
  As I stepped out onto the porch with my 'What the heck are you doing?' look, she cracked up and said, "What? I'm just keeping her dry!"
  She promptly popped the container off the hen's head and continued on with her rounds about the farm. 
 It's the life of a girl and her hen.... what are you gonna do?

No comments:

Post a Comment