Friday, May 27, 2011

Springtime

Spring is definitely in full force here on this little rainforest homestead.  I have to keep reminding myself not to get ahead of the season.  I am so longing for the warmth and sunshine and abundance of summer that I forget to enjoy all that springtime has to offer.

the comfry is up to my shoulders!

unpredictable skies
the last of the tulips

the bees flying and the art cottage still waiting to be finished

strawberry blossoms
baby greens!

blueberries setting fruit

the raspberries are loaded with buds!

peas!

yummy borage blossoms... if only some could make it out of the garden and into a salad before the kids eat them all!

copra onions looking good

bumble bees loving up the comfry

water iris about to pop!

ooo... calendula

chives! 
We are way behind on many springtime needs here on the land.  So many big projects that I thought we would have finished by now, plus just the usual demands of spring.  But, it's OK.  One step at a time, right?  I need to remember to stop and smell the spring rain and take it all in... and revel in the satisfaction of the things that are getting done.  There is much beauty to behold among the work that needs attention.

Spring is a time of growth and new beginnings... and there are many fresh new opportunities knocking at my door right now.  Now, it's up to me to invite them in!

3 comments:

  1. What beautiful photos! They just took our bees away this morning from the cherry orchard they are off to polinate another orchard...I hate to see them go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! I love the bee and the comfry. My son is wanting to be a beekeeper so he's researching and saving for a hive. It will be fun when he gets them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're really upping your game on the photos, lady. They are almost as beautiful as your little family.

    ReplyDelete